Edward H. Maginnis
Ed Maginnis concentrates his practice in business litigation, consumer protection, wage and hour disputes, as well as other civil litigation matters. Ed was recently elected to serve as the state-wide Section Chair for Consumer Areas of Practice at the North Carolina Advocates of Justice. Prior to starting the firm, Ed practiced at two large international law firms in Washington, D.C. representing multiple Fortune 500 companies. He and his wife Diane live in Wake Forest with their kids Emma and Luke.
- Business Litigation
- Unfair Debt Collection/FDCPA Litigation
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Litigation
- Wage and Hour Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Personal Injury
- Construction Litigation
Representative North Carolina Clients:
- National builder/developer providing residential housing and commercial properties, including senior housing, apartment complexes, subdivisions, and commercial properties..
- International company providing support to government agencies, as well as corporate intelligence and a variety of business and risk management services to large private companies.
- Multinational telecommunications and internet service provider company in disputes over damage to its network.
- International company which provides technological solutions in connection with production of semi-conductors for usage in modern technological projects.
- Multiple regional commercial real estate developers focused on multi-tenant commercial spaces and shopping centers.
- National mortgage lender in disputes with banks regarding loan portfolio purchases.
- National multi-media company producing magazines, websites, internet radio shows, conferences and events relating to small businesses.
- National developer owning and operating recycling plants, hotels, and other large acreage commercial projects.
- Many local small businesses in breach of contract, employment, non-compete, shareholder, and collection disputes.
- Substantial number of individuals in breach of contract, insurance coverage, personal injury, and unfair debt collection actions.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A., with distinction, University of Virginia
Admitted to Practice:
- North Carolina
- Virginia (inactive)
- Washington, D.C.(inactive)
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
- Eastern District of Virginia
- District of Columbia
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association