Edward H. Maginnis
Ed Maginnis is the founding member of Maginnis Law and concentrates his practice in business litigation, construction litigation, and unfair debt collection as well as other civil litigation matters. Prior to opening his own firm, Ed practiced at two large international law firms in Washington, D.C. representing multiple Fortune 500 companies. He and his wife Diane live in Wake Forest with their daughter Emma and puppy Fozzie Bear.
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Debt Collection Litigation
- Unfair Debt Collection/FDCPA Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Personal Injury
- Government Contract Disputes
Representative North Carolina Clients:
- National developer which owns and operates recycling plants, hotels, and other large acreage commercial projects.
- National multi-media company which produces magazines, websites, internet radio shows, conferences and events relating to small businesses.
- National builder/developer providing residential housing and commercial properties, including senior housing, apartment complexes, subdivisions, and commercial properties..
- International company providing support to government agencies, as well as corporate intelligence and a variety of business and risk management services to large private companies.
- International company which provides technological solutions in connection with production of semi-conductors for usage in modern technological projects.
- Regional commercial real estate developer focused on multi-tenant commercial spaces and shopping centers
- Significant amount of contractors, subcontractors and homeowners in connection with construction disputes in residential and commercial projects.
- Many local small businesses in breach of contract, employment, and collection disputes.
- Substantial number of individuals in breach of contract, insurance coverage, and unfair debt collection actions.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A., with distinction, University of Virginia
Admitted to Practice:
- North Carolina
- Washington, D.C.
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
- Eastern District of Virginia
- District of Columbia
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association