Edward H. Maginnis
Ed Maginnis is the founding member of Maginnis Law and concentrates his practice in business litigation, unfair debt collection, wage and hour disputes, construction litigation as well as other civil litigation matters. Prior to opening his own firm, Ed practiced at two large international law firms in Washington, D.C. representing multiple Fortune 500 companies. He and his wife Diane live in Wake Forest with their daughter Emma and puppy Fozzie Bear.
- Business Litigation
- Unfair Debt Collection/FDCPA Litigation
- Wage and Hour Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Construction Litigation
- Debt Collection Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Government Contract Disputes
Representative North Carolina Clients:
- National builder/developer providing residential housing and commercial properties, including senior housing, apartment complexes, subdivisions, and commercial properties..
- International company providing support to government agencies, as well as corporate intelligence and a variety of business and risk management services to large private companies.
- Multinational telecommunications and internet service provider company in disputes over damage to its network.
- International company which provides technological solutions in connection with production of semi-conductors for usage in modern technological projects.
- Multiple regional commercial real estate developers focused on multi-tenant commercial spaces and shopping centers.
- National mortgage lender in disputes with banks regarding loan portfolio purchases.
- National multi-media company which produces magazines, websites, internet radio shows, conferences and events relating to small businesses.
- National developer which owns and operates recycling plants, hotels, and other large acreage commercial projects.
- Significant amount of contractors, subcontractors and homeowners in connection with construction disputes in residential and commercial projects.
- Many local small businesses in breach of contract, employment, non-compete, shareholder, and collection disputes.
- Substantial number of individuals in breach of contract, insurance coverage, personal injury, and unfair debt collection actions.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A., with distinction, University of Virginia
Admitted to Practice:
- North Carolina
- Virginia (inactive)
- Washington, D.C.(inactive)
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
- Eastern District of Virginia
- District of Columbia
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association