When involved in a potential lawsuit, do you want the lawyer who prepared the corporate documents or do you want to hire a trial lawyer? Almost no one is any good at doing both. You don’t need someone to negotiate a deal, you don’t need someone to paper a corporate transaction, you don’t need someone to “manage a litigation,” you need someone to litigate your startup company litigation, and go all the way if necessary. These are the cases where our firm can help you or your startup business.
We have represented and been involved in lawsuits involving tech startups, software and app developers, SAAS companies, as well as non-tech start-ups. We have represented individuals filing against those companies and we have represented companies in B2B disputes. We recently finished a lawsuit involving a SAAS company and received a testimonial that we were really proud of.
We have a solid working knowledge of the industry and apply our significant litigation and trial experience to work for you. Our hourly rates are not bargain basement by any stretch, but they are competitive, and we are often willing to take startup lawsuits on a percentage basis (contingency) or a split fee.
Maginnis Law can handle startup company litigation lawsuits relating to:
- Founder and cofounder disputes
- Minority founder interest protection
- Early stage employee stock plans and contracts
- Employee IP creation through skunk-work projects
- Stock vesting for contract workers and advisors
- Early stage investor issues, including seed funders, angel investors, accelerators, and incubators
- Vendor disputes
- Representing investors in breach of fiduciary claims.